Have you made your New Year Resolution?

Instead of the usual New Year resolutions … why not do something different?

Volunteer to help in your parish (if you don’t already!) – there are some parishes without a CAFOD Parish Volunteer, others would welcome offers of help. Call the office for information

Register now for one of our sponsored events – the dates for the Harlow Abseil and Lea Valley bike ride will be out early in the New Year and are both a great way to raise money and have fun

Fast Days – what will you Give Up for Lent?

World Gifts are not just for Christmas – “big” birthdays, anniversaries, First Holy Communion are all an ideal occasion to give an alternative present

Gift Aid your donation if you don’t already do so

Order a CAFOD collection box – your small change makes a big difference

Recycle your old phones and printer cartridges – phone to order your envelopes and collection box

Make a regular gift to CAFOD – Ask yourself: “If I could live on 99% of your income, what could the other 1% do?”. Click here for more information >>

Become an MP correspondent – You don’t have to be an expert. By contacting your MP you can use your power and passion to help change the systems that keep people in poverty

Make a commitment to praysign up for our weekly email reflections on the Worship page

Organise an event – having a quiz night? We have resources to help you run a quiz night, or you could hold a Rich Man, Poor Man meal

“Individual actions may seen insignificant but together the small steps of many people can have an astonishing impact. Individual choices can seen insignificant when faced with such global challenges. But multiplied, individual actions can indeed make a real difference.”

(The Call of Creation, Bishops of England and Wales)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s